Its remit is defined in Article 10 of the Université Paris-Est statutes.
The Management Board determines the policy of Université Paris-Est by deliberation. In this respect, the Management Board:
- determines the general orientations and shared project of Université Paris-Est, after consulting with the Council of Members and liaising with its associates;
- discusses the common component of the multi-year contract with the State;
- approves the economic model connecting Université Paris-Est, its member institutions and its associate institutions and bodies;
- approves the Université Paris-Est budget and any rectifications made to it, the financial account and the allocation of income;
- approves the annual activity report of Université Paris-Est presented by the President;
- adopts the general conditions of employment for Université Paris-Est staff and contract staff;
- votes on acquisitions, alienations and exchanges of buildings owned by Université Paris-Est as well as leases and rentals of buildings;
- votes on accepting donations and legacies to Université Paris-Est;
- deliberates on the alienation of movable property of Université Paris-Est;
- approves the participation of Université Paris-Est in organisations with legal personality as well as the acquisition of shares and the creation of subsidiaries;
- approves Université Paris-Est agreements signed by the President;
- authorises the President to take any legal action, negotiate and resort to arbitration;
- approves the accession of new members after a favourable opinion of the Council of Members, and determines the terms of implementation of such accession;
- notes the withdrawal of a member, and determines the terms of such withdrawal;
- approves the exclusion of a member after a favourable opinion of the Council of Members, and determines the terms of such exclusion;
- approves the association, under Article L.718-16 of the Education Code, of a higher education institution or research organisation, or an organisation contributing to the public service missions of higher education or research, and approves the association agreement;
- adopts the internal regulations of Université Paris-Est and any amendments made to them;
- creates any commission or committee that it deems useful or which is proposed to it by the President;
- modifies these statutes in accordance with Article 31.
The Management Board shall elect the President of Université Paris-Est by an absolute majority of the members sitting, in accordance with the terms defined in Article 23 of these statutes and in the internal regulations.
The Management Board shall elect the Vice-Presidents of Université Paris-Est by an absolute majority of the members sitting, in accordance with the terms defined in Article 24 of these statutes and in the internal regulations.
The Management Board may delegate to the President all or part of its powers, regarding the matters referred to in 8°, 10°, 11° and 12° of this article. At the next meeting, the latter reports on the decisions that he or she has taken by virtue of this delegation.
Decisions to amend the budgets may also be delegated to the President, where these decisions:
- are not intended to increase spending or credit transfers between the operational, staff or investment chapters;
- are intended to enable the performance of agreements, while maintaining the overall balance.
At the next board meeting, the President reports on the decisions made in the context of such delegations.