The Project Board manages the identification and implementation of academic or scientific projects where cooperation between member or associate institutions has clear added value. This added value may be due, for example, to the connections that projects establish between distinct disciplines or between different activities; improved competitiveness in response to external calls for tenders may also bring added value.
From this perspective, the Project Board's remit includes:
- directing the monitoring activity carried out by Université Paris-Est in a way that is complementary to the activities developed within the institutions;
- identifying and proposing themes, fields of action or calls for tenders conducive to the development of joint projects. These proposals are submitted to the institutions concerned, via Université Paris-Est;
- preparing internal calls for tenders and organising the necessary ex ante assessment activities;
- promoting the setting up of joint projects, in particular to respond to external calls for tenders, on the basis of those of its proposals that have been accepted by the institutions concerned;
- promoting academic or scientific events designed to create favourable conditions for the emergence of projects, including calling on partners from outside the member or associate institutions;
- coordinating project monitoring and ex post project assessment methods;
- proposing to the Council of Members and the Management Board a budget and any appropriate means of allocating resources for Université Paris-Est to carry out its project mission.