Paris-Est Sup's first Project Board meeting took place on 29 June. Created as part of the Comue's new project mission, this statutory body manages the identification and implementation of academic and scientific projects involving teams from the Comue's member and associate institutions.
It was during the redefinition of the Comue's missions, initiated in 2019 and confirmed by the publication of its new statutes in December 2020, that the project mission emerged, reflecting the desire of the Paris-Est institutions to pursue a joint site policy. Through this new mission, Paris-Est Sup wishes to encourage and help its institutions to create new collaborations between its two main sites, between institutions with different missions and statutes, and at the interface of the themes covered in the Eastern Ile-de-France region.
The Paris-Est Sup Project Board, the operational body for this new mission, brings together the site's actors to create mechanisms for developing inter-institutional, scientific or educational projects, following the example of the Comue's responses to the calls for projects of the Investissements d'Avenir programme in recent years, or the PÉPITE 3EF Student Entrepreneurship Cluster.
The Project Board is composed of 16 representatives of the Comue's member and associate institutions and 12 representatives of the site's staff. Its responsibilities include:
- guiding the the monitoring activity of the Comue, which is complementary to that developed by its institutions;
- identifying and proposing themes, fields of action or calls for tender conducive to the development of joint projects;
- preparing internal calls for tender and organising the assessment of proposals;
- encouraging the setting up of joint projects, in particular to respond to external calls for tenders;
- organising academic or scientific events designed to create favourable conditions for the emergence of projects;
- coordinating project monitoring and project assessment methods;
- proposing to the Council of Members and the Administrative Board a budget and any appropriate means of allocating resources for the Comue to carry out its project mission.
During this first meeting, the members of the Project Board decided on the objectives and terms of the Comue's 2021 Call for Projects, "Amorçage de nouvelles coopérations" ("Initiation of new cooperations"), which will be published at the beginning of July. The organisation of the Paris-Est 2021 Science Day, to be held in September 2021 and aimed at the research teams of the Paris-Est Sup institutions, was also on the meeting's agenda. Finally, the conditions for implementation of the site's mapping were presented.